Sunday, January 11, 2009

Delicious Disaster! Edamame "Hummus"


I have been wanting to try this recipe for Edamame "Hummus" for a long time and thanks to my mom I was able to. My mom got me a food processor for Christmas this year (actually when it comes to the kitchen I made out this year). This recipe comes from Ellie Krieger on the Food Network. She has such great, simple recipes and offers tons of healthy alternatives.




It is my guess that hummus is quotation marks because this isn't really hummus, but it tastes a lot like hummus and it was so easy to make. I have yet to make traditional hummus so I don't have anything to compare it to.


There is some sadness attached to this delightful green mush. Buster has been so sweet in encouraging me to take pictures and update my blog. Last night while I was making this "Hummus" he grabbed his amazing Panasonic Lumix camera and began taking pics. Being the amazing photographer he set up the bowl and pita chips for the pic below...I picked up the camera and...BOOM...it slipped out of my hands and the lens bent. Now it wont take pictures. B I am so sorry! If anyone knows of an excellent camera repair shop in the Houston area please let me know.






2 comments:

Buster said...

The hummus was very tasty and flavorful...I recommend you try this recipe. Forget about the camera - it's just stuff. Thank you for being adventurous with food...I benefit every time! Love you B!

Anne Stesney said...

I'm always looking for soft "proteins" to give to my toddler and this sounds perfect. Can't wait to try it. I like the green color too.