Sunday, March 8, 2009

Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes!

My new favorite breakfast. I got the recipe off of Slash Food. I have made these almost every weekend for the past month. I am trying to perfect the recipe and make it my own. I add some fresh grated nutmeg and cinnamon to the dry mix. I also use soy milk instead of regular milk and I mush up a couple of old bananas add mix them up with the batter. All of these little additions work. The nutmeg and cinnamon makes the flavor a little more complex and interesting. The soy milk is because that is all we use and I never have regular milk. I got tired of running to the store. The old bananas give the pancakes an extra banana sweetness. When the pancakes are ready top with some peanut butter, syrup and ENJOY!

If you make these and make them your own please let me know. I would like to hear your ideas.

1 comment:

Aleka's World said...

for a split second, I thought those were patacones! haha!