Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Last Supper: Jenni's Noodle House In My "Noodlehood"


For my last supper before the detox, B and I went to Jenni's Noodle House new location off of Post Oak. Instead of having to drive ALL THE WAY down to Shepard and Alabama from the Galleria for delicious coconut curry and fired dumplings, we now just travel a few blocks. Today instead of getting my usual, Infernal Chicken Curry, I decided for my last meal to try something new. I got an item off the picture menu (Jenni's has a little book full of pictures of menu and off-menu items), Pineapple Chicken Ramen Soup. Buster ordered the Buddha Soba, but during our conversation with the cute counter girl his order was mixed up and he was served the Stir Me Crazy.

I added chili oil to the ramen and it was the perfect balance of savory, sweet, and spicy. The dish inspired a conversation about the various ways you can cook ramen.

Buster's Stir Me Crazy was a pleasant mistake. The stir fry consisted crispy tofu, rice noodles, and vegetables.



Of course we started with the fired Disco Dumplings and wet the pallet with Jenni's limeade. The Galleria area has been blessed...thank you food gods.

No comments: