Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm Back and Making Mexican!

Ok so the detox didn't work, but I am not discouraged. I think the stress of work has leaked into my everyday life and has messed up my eating (and exercising) habits. But I am ready to get back and on track. I am back in the kitchen working on yummy food that will heal me and not kill me. Today it started with migas...I know migas doesn't sound healthy but I altered the dish a little:
  1. I sprayed a little olive oil on the corn tortillas and toasted them in oven
  2. I used two whole eggs and two egg whites
  3. I served it with thinly sliced sweet potatoes and black beans
  4. Instead of sour cream I used low fat Greek yogurt

For lunch, I made Green Chile and Chicken Enchiladas. I got the recipe from Cook Yourself Thin on Lifetime. If you can get past the "Totally"and "Oh My God" girly talk, it's actually a really good show. It offers lots of tips and great recipes. This dish was delicious. The sauce was light and fresh; the prefect summer enchilada sauce. It offered the right amount of spice, especially for my Buster who doesn't really enjoy spicy food. He loved this dish so much he had a second serving.

I higly recommend this dish. It was easy to make. The hardest part was roasting and peeling the poblanos, which you don't have to do. I saw the canned roasted peppers but I chose to roast my own. It took me back to summers at my tia's house, who always seemed to be roasting some sort of pepper.

No comments: