Saturday, April 4, 2009

Detox...Are you crazy?!


So it has been about a month since I have posted anything. I am not cooking or loving food the way I used too. I think I need to reboot my system. Buster went on this 21 day detox plan, which consisted of no chewing and lots of vegetable puree. It was hard but his results speak for themselves. He has energy and has a new appreciation for food.


I have always had a deep passion for food, but my energy was directed toward food that harmed me. That is my default. We all have stress and we all deal with it in different ways. I am aware of how I handle mine and that is with food. Before I would joke about how I needed that piece of chocolate cake or that burger and fries, now it scares me. I have seen what harmful food can do and the price you pay for ignorance and I don't want to go down that road.


I have worked at redirecting my passion for food toward food that heals, but there is still the old part of me that falls back into historic patterns. I think that this detox might be a good thing for me. If you (assuming that people actually read this) don't mind the Grub Junkie is going into food rehab.


My plans are to start at the end of the month and to use the time before then to mentally prepare myself. For someone with a food addiction this wont be easy I know but it will be worth it. I will keep posts of my progress and the routine. I teach 6th graders so I hope I don't get so hungry and seeing my students as giant turkey legs.

No comments: